Current Job Openings:
Level 2 Desktop Support Engineer
Is This You?
You’re weird, unique, self-motivated, entrepreneurial, obsessive at times, but most of all passionate! You love to learn and always be growing, and you’re not afraid of a challenge - like taking on projects where you have minimal subject matter exposure. You are a geek at heart and proud of it! You also are a ninja when it comes to productivity and getting stuff done. You thrive in busy, dynamic, fast paced environments.
You’re looking for somewhere you can bring our whole self to work; express your personality, be the best you can be; learn, grow, and surround yourself with a small team of other quirky, fun, brilliant, awesome people that all want to work hard and succeed together. You want to be working in an IT position where the work is always changing and there is opportunity to grow.
Our clients are what truly makes Tech Plus awesome! They are creators, craftsman, artists, advisors, experts, and just really great people to work for. At times they get stressed but overall they are easy going and just genuinely nice people to be around. We provide outsourced tech support to these (typically 25-75 employee) small businesses for a fixed monthly rate.
Tech Plus is a young, growing, learning, and evolving startup. We are a four-year-old customer obsessed company with big hopes and dreams; looking for the 4th member of our small all-star team that is going to bring us to new heights.
We are looking for a level 2 desktop support engineer (jr. sysadmin). You would be in the field at client locations as well as working from our Alameda Office. Job duties include:
- Help Desk: answering calls and emails from our clients and managing cases with priorities ensuring issues are resolved within our client’s SLA
- Taking Ownership: Seeing an issue through to completion, while balancing multiple cases and tasks in the never ending chaotic IT support environment (ahhhh…. the cases keep coming!!!)
- Documentation: using Salesforce.com to log calls, emails, cases, track time, and communicate with staff and clients. Use the force!
- Desktop support: troubleshooting applications, hardware, etc on-site at client locations. Most of our clients use Outlook, Office, QuickBooks, Adobe suite, and some other ERP, CRM, document management or other database type software. PC/Mac/iOS/Android.
- Light Server Admin work: checking backups, virus protection, system patching, etc.
- Servers: Working with active directory, group policy, file shares, Exchange, VM’s (VMWare and Hyper V), SQL, disaster recovery products, etc.
- Cloud: Office365, Google Apps, Amazon AWS
- Networking: setup and management of firewalls, access points, managed switches, vLANs, VPN, DNS, DHCP, etc. Making the Wi-Fi in that building with 80 other SSID’s work fast all the time for clients like Randy!
- Problem Solving: Researching stuff on your own, making calls to vendors, reading, watching how to videos and critically thinking.
- Communication: you will be working with end users that are secretaries to C-level executives; you must be able to explain technology in words they understand.
- Time Management: an appetite for setting weekly goals, knowing how to prioritize, etc.
- Min 3 years in tech support/MSP role
- Relevant post secondary education (bachelor's degree, minimum associate’s degree) and/or industry certificates (Cisco, Microsoft, VMWare, CompTIA, etc.) and/or equivalent hands on real-world experience
- Valid California driver’s license
- Ability to be on rotation shift some weekends and evenings for IT Emergencies (rare)
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs (heavy servers urg!) crouch, crawl, sit, stand, etc.
Competitive salary, Kaiser Gold/Platinum health benefits, 3 weeks PTO, small growing organization, office snacks, Friday Beer O’clock at local Brewery (if we all meet our goals of course), con fund, free parking, walking distance to grocery store, restaurants, lunchroom with outdoor patio, choice of PC or Macbook, iPhone or Android, High fives and decent coffee.
Get Your IT Scorecard
See how your business compares to industry best practices and other Bay Area small businesses. Our IT Strategy Consultants will evaluate your IT Security, Business Continuity, IT Readiness, and more. Use your IT Scorecard to help create an IT Solutions Roadmap.